Skaneateles Early Childhood Center Job Description
MORNING & AFTERNOON AIDES
- Assist lead teachers throughout the various programs in the Center with coordinating the supervision of children with staff.
- Share the responsibility of implementing an age-appropriate developmental curriculum for children by following the plans and direction of the senior/lead teacher.
- Serve as a model for parents in your interactions with their children. Demonstrate an ability to handle criticism or problems diplomatically.
- Help cover breaks, training time, or, on occasion, entire shift of other teachers in the program.
- Understand SECC policies with regard to employment, parental responsibilities and other related issues.
- Complete daily housekeeping tasks to help maintain an attractive, nurturing environment and ensure the continued smooth operation of the Center.
- Complete the requirements for continuing education in the field of Early Childhood Education as outlined in the Employment Policies Manual.
- Attend trainings for mandated Reporter of Child Abuse and become certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Perform other tasks as needed or when instructed by the Director, Assistant Director or Program Coordinator.
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related area and one year of Infant/Toddler child care experience
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and one year of Infant/Toddler child care experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience
- Certification in Infant & Child CPR and First Aid
- Completion of 30 hours of child care related training each licensing period (2 years) including Mandated Reporter.
- Friendly, warm, outgoing, nurturing personality.
- Must be able to lift any child in your program.
- Must be able to walk for at least 20 minutes straight.
- Must be able to stand for as much of the day and squat/kneel down next to children.
We offer a strong benefits package to our full time employees, vacation time and paid professional development.
Please submit your resume and a completed SECC Employment Application to email@example.com. Please write EMPLOYMENT in the “Subject” area.
A copy of the application can be downloaded below in a PDF version.