The Skaneateles Early Childhood Center is currently seeking applications for the position of Substitute Teachers.
– Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related area and one year of Infant/Toddler childcare experience
– Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and one year of Infant/Toddler childcare experience
– High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience
– Certification in Infant & Child CPR and First Aid
– Completion of 30 hours of child care-related training each licensing period (2 years) including Mandated Reporter.
– Friendly, warm, outgoing, nurturing personality.
– Share the responsibility of implementing an age-appropriate developmental curriculum for children by following the plans and direction of the senior/lead teacher.
– Be able to fill in for absent teachers or other members of the SECC staff in a variety of different rooms or settings, including assisting Kitchen Staff with preparation and distribution of meals. Sometimes subs will be asked at the last minute or early in the morning if they would be available to work.
– Serve as a model for parents in your interactions with their children. Demonstrate an ability to handle criticism or problems diplomatically.
– Communicate information/concerns about children’s progress with the Director, Assistant Director or Program Coordinator.
– Understand SECC policies with regard to employment, parental responsibilities and other related issues.
– Complete daily housekeeping tasks to help maintain an attractive, nurturing environment and ensure the continued smooth operation of the Center.
– Complete the requirements for continuing education in the field of Early Childhood Education as outlined in the Employment Policies Manual.
– Attend training for Mandated Reporter of Child Abuse and become certified in First Aid and CPR.
– Perform other tasks as needed or when instructed by the Director, Assistant Director or Program Coordinator.
– On occasion, Long-Term Substitute positions may lead to Full-Time employment in the future.
– Must be able to lift any child in your program.
– Must be able to walk for at least 20 minutes straight.
– Must be able to stand for as much of the day and squat/kneel down next to children